SEND Learning Support Assistant - Claydon Primary School
Salary: Grade 3 point 4 – 6 £12,752 pro rata
Hours/Weeks: 30 hours per week, 38 weeks per year, Mon – Fri: 8.35 – 12.20 & 12.50 – 15.05
Job term: fixed term to 31st August 2022
Place of work: Claydon Primary School, Lancaster Way, Claydon, Ipswich, IP6 0DX
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that thrives on working collaboratively, has a positive outlook and loves working and supporting pupils with SEND. We are an inclusive school, situated very close to Ipswich, that is friendly with committed and supportive staff who want all of our pupils to be the best they can be in all that they do.
The appointment is until 31 August 2022 and will be to start ASAP. The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience working with children with SEN and in particular Autism, with knowledge of supporting pupils who are non-verbal. The role would allow the right candidate to build on their existing knowledge and skills whilst being able to flourish in a progressive and caring school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is motivated and dedicated to support pupils with SEND
- Will put the child at the heart of everything they do
- Has a nurturing ethos
- Is able to support pupils on a 1:1, or small group basis (potentially including personal care if needed)
- Is a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children and those that they work with
- Has excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with all colleagues and professionals
- Will develop good working relationships with parents and carers
- Will have exemplary professional standards
In return we can offer:
- A committed hard-working team
- A friendly, proud school community, with enthusiastic, happy children.
- An ongoing commitment to learning for all, including training and support for the successful candidate, including health and safety and safeguarding as part of induction.
- Personalised professional development opportunities which will serve to support future goals and dreams.
SSLT Information for Candidates
Closing date: Wednesday 8th December at Midday
Proposed interview date: TBC
Claydon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to provide references, undergo employment checks and an enhanced disclosure via the DBS.