Teaching Assistant - Claydon Primary School
Required: September 2020
Job Term: Fixed Term until 31 August 2021
Hours: 27.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
We are now looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our fantastic team. The successful candidate will have a mixed role within one year group: supporting individuals and groups both in the classroom and by delivering targeted interventions.
Although the role is likely to be in Key Stage 2, it is essential that the successful candidate is flexible and willing to be deployed elsewhere within the school to meet pupil need.
- Have experience of working with children in a learning environment
- Have a relevant qualification – ideally Level 3
- Have sound maths and literacy skills (GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths is essential)
- Be able to demonstrate the confidence and ability to manage children in a positive and friendly manner
- Have the ability to use initiative, work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour
This is a great opportunity to join Claydon Primary School. Situated very close to Ipswich, we are a friendly school, with a supportive team who work with very enthusiastic pupils. We pride ourselves on working together to offer the best possible learning opportunities for all our pupils. We are a ‘good’ school with an exciting future ahead due to the proposed expansion to the school, a new leadership team and our continued drive to provide our pupils with a creative, engaging and inspiring curriculum.
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 28 August 2020
Provisional Interview date: Tuesday 8 September 2020
Claydon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to provide references, undergo employment checks and an enhanced disclosure via the DBS.